Thread: A Thought
View Single Post

October 26th, 2008, 23:05
Originally Posted by narpet View Post
I think that would be interesting to hear as well… So, I just emailed the PR manager at Bioware to see if he would be interested in answering some questions for an interview that focuses on those ideas. We'll see what he says, and if he gives me the interview I will send it to the powers at RPGWatch.
I missed this thread until today and am wondering if you ever heard from that PR manager, narpet.

Based on my own experience, PR people aren't typically involved in product marketing beyond product PR, and even that's sometimes limited (if someone else is handling marketing communications).

That's not to say their jobs aren't important, it's just that their role typically doesn't involve product planning, development or marketing (beyond product PR).

In fact, PR can be a great career (especially for women), but competition for jobs is tough, and folks are often expected to pay their dues for a while, before they get to do the fun stuff.

Oh, I wish I had a river I could skate away on. But it don't snow here. It stays pretty green. I'm going to make a lot of money, then I'm going to quit this crazy scene. — [Joni Mitchell]

Squeek

connoisseur of tidbits