View Single Post

October 29th, 2008, 14:12
Originally Posted by nessosin View Post
OMG

How can you be hyped by those reviews? For the last few years almost all big titles got pretty much perfect reviews. Heck I clearly remember reviews of Oblivion claiming its the best cRPG and I think we all know its a dirty dirty dirty lie.

So God bless you, cause you gonna need that, if you still believe mainstream. media…
I'm not a reviewer, but I played Oblivion and would give it a 95% score. I played it twice indeed, and only used a mod to reduce the font size. That just tells you how impossible it is to assign a 'correct' score, as it all depends on the player. Best thing for you would be to put a black tape on the review score and just read the text of the review, trying to identify what 'problems' in the review are actually things you'd like, and what good points are actually things you don't like. I've played plenty of 70-80 score games that I would give 90+ and viceversa (most recent example, PC-Gamer's Spore review, I would give that game, maybe, a 55, yet it got like 95 or something)

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is