View Single Post

November 19th, 2008, 23:21
Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
"Challenge" is pretty hard to define but that aside, I disagree standard permanent death is challenging. I die, I reload. Over 2 or 10 or 50 iterations, you either figure out the pattern or perhaps you get lucky with the die rolls. Other than wasting time replaying the same scenario, what is challenging?
I find it challenging because I have to rethink my strategy over and over for the really hard fights before I even go into them. That's fun to me, but it certainly can get frustrating. As long as the possibility of death is done fairly, I think it is challenging. It becomes frustrating to me when, for instance, there is a creature that at random just perma-kills a party member (The BG2 mod, the darkest day had several of these).

We need a new, creative approach. Some of you guys need to accept, though, that many of us play for the experience rather than the challenge per se
I agree. I play more for the story experience than the combat (I'll admit, I generally am not that good at the combat strategy), but despite that, I found the non-death of NWN2 annoying (still loved the game though).

————————————————-

"Ya'll can go to HELL! I'm-a-goin' to TEXAS!"

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist