View Single Post

December 1st, 2006, 18:22
This title is not supposed to be about story, but about action, items and the development of character through , yes, mindless slaughter. This is hardly a novel concept in action rpgs. How is this a waste of their premise—i.e., devils descending on the modern world and needing to be killed. You kill them, you get stuff, you go up a level and tweak a skill so you can kill more, get stuff, go up a level, etc.

Making this fun is where the trick comes in. A lot of Diablo clones have come and gone, but not many have succeeded like the original produced by the team on this game.

To me the story seems atmospherically correct and quite in keeping with the focus of the game.

If you hated Diablo, you obviously will not like the new improved technologically tweaked version. From everything I have read and from the past record of Bill Roper, I wouldn't exactly call this "some crap game." But that's in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

Personally, I think it's foolish to hype the role-playing experience in these games anyway. It only disappoints the gamers looking for that experience, because frankly beyond raising stats and skills, it really isn't there.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch
RPGWatch Team