View Single Post

December 8th, 2008, 10:03
Agreed with a lot of points, though not so much on the "interactive options in sex scenes" part because, c'mon, the sex cards are embarrassing as it is. Ugggh. Don't think recruitable companions would be a good idea, either, because it'd not gel with the style of the game or the character, and I don't think you need an adventuring party in order to have a good story.

I was really intrigued by the House of the Night, especially at the idea of that blue-eyed girl purposely becoming a vampire prostitute to escape her obligations. The mistress of the brothel could have been interesting, although it was annoying that she looked like a streetside hooker.
  • Respawning monsters. They work in slash-and-loot games for obvious reasons, but here they're just a nuisance. A big one, especially when the monsters in question are trivial (see drowners). Even the repelling talismans don't really help. The swamp and swamp cemetery were damn unpleasant to trek through.
  • The original English script wasn't properly restored. I'm still hung up on the fact that even with the EE, I couldn't have Geralt tell Adda he prefers dwarven lovers. Male dwarven lovers.

Essaliad

Sentinel