View Single Post

December 16th, 2008, 07:40
Down in the lower depths of Durlag's Tower, everything else is done, all that i have to do is beat this part of the game and run back to BG to kill Sarevok and I'm done. As much as I'm still repeatedly impressed w/ the quality of baldur's gate as a game, the graphics are pretty awesome for it's time, the npcs, the setpieces, I love the entire game -I'm more than ready for it to be over already. I'm dying to install BG2, and this first part just will. not. die.

Speaking of death, I've also faced more of it during this little vacation to Durlag's than I have the entire course of the game. Good Lord of the Tigers, some of the fights (such as the 4 wards) took me like 10-15 tries, and had I not had oil of speed, I may not have been able to pull it off. I normally dont use the buff potions, but Ive had to use them a few times now. Oh glot, those greater wyverns lol.

Ive seen my gaming life flash before my eyes several times in this expansion, and I havent even hit the boss yet. Cant wait

I guess now that I'm seeing the downside of rolling w/ no wizard, I put Safana in that slot. Her damage is a great consistent helper for everyday mobs, when it comes to the "big fights" I'm really starting to lament the absence of a high-powered caster. My crew right now is Paladin Sammy, Khalid, Jaheira, Branwen, Imoen, and Safana
Last edited by xSamhainx; December 16th, 2008 at 07:50.

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom