View Single Post

January 9th, 2009, 12:30
I would of guessed that King's Bounty was a sure win for first vs. the others. I really didn't expect Fallout 3 to take first over here, sure it's pretty but the beauty fades the farther you get in the game and when you try to take the narrative seriously.

Edit:
Originally Posted by Prime Junta View Post
Um, no. In Mass Effect, the things to do really *were* always the same. In FO3, you have genuinely varied side-quests. You really have to stretch the meaning of "same" if you file, say, Agatha's violin, the stuff going on in Canterbury Commons, the Big Town sequence, and Them! "same" the same way ME's drive-around-and-blast-things-then-raid-an-outpost side-quests were "same."
What's so bad about things being the same, as long as it makes sense. Some of the best games had a lot of the "sameness" to it like the old Starflight games. That was always the same, land on a planet, find animals/plants, minerals or artifacts and go off and sell them. Sometimes you'll find a recording that will send you to a new planet to explore, but it was pretty much the same and it is one of the best hybrid Rpgs around still, imo Mass effect felt a little like that at least moreso than Fallout.

I can understand the above searching and exploring new planets to bring back resources, but Fallout 3's sidequest or exploration didn't make any sense at all. Agatha's Violin or even worse Harold's sidequest did not make any sense whatsoever. Don't get me started on what they did to Harold.

They Killed Harold
You Bastards!

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.
Last edited by skavenhorde; January 9th, 2009 at 12:43.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
RPGWatch Team