Links and Stuff

Germany's most popular news weather man is visited by an animal during the live forecast. Watch how a true professional reacts. What he's saying is not that important. All but 3 sentences is just the weather.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP4zaMvV__4

Bonus points if you can see Darth Vader.

Black Google = Blackle.

Blackle searches are powered by Google Custom Search.
Blackle saves energy because the screen is predominantly black.

But is prettier too!

See for yourself:

blackle.com

Oh well ... I wonder, does this one have characters and a story, or is it as mindless as the first?

It didn't bother me one bit that it was light on the story side. I'd pay just to watch it for the unbelievably awesome cg that went into it. The first one is a masterpiece of technology and a real jewel to beheld, especially in full HD. This is the one movie where all is forgiven due to the sheer orgasm I got from some of the scenes. I even choked on some scene. I believe it was the fight in the middle of the city where some autobot fires his reactors towards the ground and the whole pavement is blown away. Oh yeah. :D The fight scenes in the city were amazing.

Anyways, my opinion. :D I'm a real geek for quality CG. I'd love to see Blizzard's Cinematic Department make a full Cg movie. No live action. Just CG. It'd probably cost them a fortune.

Loved it.

Here's some incredible retro gaming art in HD by Orioto on deviantart. Just imagine what games from the past could have looked like in the future ... medium sized examples attached.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Mario World #1
Super Mario World #2
Sonic the Hedgehog #1
Sonic the Hedgehog #2
Super Metroid
Mega Man
World of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck
Yoshi's Island
Gunstar Heroes
Street Fighter IV
Castlevania

The pictures can all be downloaded in high resolution (click on download on those pages) and are suitable as wide-screen wallpapers. They did two things to me: 1) I got a new wallpaper and 2) I got the urge to start up an emulator again and indulge myself in nostalgia.

Attachments

• Mario_World_by_Orioto-medium.jpg
    Mario_World_by_Orioto-medium.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 105
  • Aquatic_Run_by_Orioto-medium.jpg
    Aquatic_Run_by_Orioto-medium.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Through_the_night_by_Orioto-medium.jpg
    Through_the_night_by_Orioto-medium.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 98
Ok, Lasse Gjertsen has been mentioned already. Now what would happen if someone browsed through all kinds of youtube videos showing people just playing something and remixed them to create whole new original songs?
Someone apparently did just that, and the results are nothing short of breathtaking.

http://thru-you.com/

A whole variety of styles. A funk song, one sounds like something produced by Delerium, one is like Daft Punk, a soul piece, and all that made with random youtube pieces.

Back
Top Bottom