View Single Post

January 22nd, 2009, 00:54
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
I've got Ravenhearst. I assumed it was a kids' game when I grabbed it for Mrs dte. She likes adventure-type games but isn't very good at them. Good game?
The first one is a puzzlegame through and through. Most of the game you search rooms. Everytime you enter ar room you get a list of items like "Hammer, Scissors, Phone, Purse". Then you have to find each of the items listed in an image overfilled with stuff and click on them. Sometimes to enter rooms you have to unlock a puzzle. Once in awhile you unlock diary pages that you have to puzzle together.

All in all, the first game was decent. It was fun to play together with my cohabit, but it was also a bit annoying, especially puzzling the diary pages got boring soon enough. Towards the end you also felt like you were doing the same things over and over again.

The second game keeps the "find stuff" gameplay, but is also an adventuregame that makes far more sense. Rooms are connected and you unlock puzzles to get through to the next area, with an ongoing story. Unlike the first game, whenever you searched through a room you get to keep one of the found items that becomes an object that can be used elsewhere, just like an adventuregame. I found the 2nd game to be much greater than the first one.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM