View Single Post

February 2nd, 2009, 00:58
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
Anyway, if Bioware really didn't have any say in the deal, I apologize for suggesting that they did.
There's a fair bit of independent evidence that they had very minimal say, and the whole thing was… hmmm, how to put it politely? Corporate manoevering? The then CEO of Elevation Partners was a bloke by the name of John Riccitiello, who just so happens to share a name (and body) with the 'new' CEO of EA.

Originally Posted by Penny
I'm not entirely sure that's true. The NPD group is the primary source of sales charts seen in the media and by the public at large AFAIK, and they don't track download sales at all.
Not only do they not track download sales, they don't count subscriptions (a gigantic factor, GTA4 was the biggest 'mainstream' seller last year by some way and 2 months of WoW go way past it, profit wise), or online sales of any other type including Amazon, or any overseas sales or even WalMart, the largest retailer in the US. The NPD figures for PC are almost completely useless and every time I see a journalist refer to them I cringe.

Zygo

Watchdog