View Single Post

February 2nd, 2009, 13:12
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
I'm probably the only guy around here that would rate both Mass Effect and Jade Empire way above NWN1. NWN1, to me, is the "worst" (which means "rather good" to any other company than BW) RPG BW has developed. Only Aribeth is even remotely interesting (hence why they brought her into KotOR, as Bastila).

Hordes of the Underdark was something of a redemption, but an add-on doesn't save the OC. To me, KotOR, JE and ME are all far better than NWN1 OC, with KotOR being not-too-far-behind BG1 and 2.

That's just my opinion, of course.
Not the only one. I really hated NWN1 OC. I did manage to play it through; I've started it again on a few occasions just to make sure that it really is as bad as I thought, and yes, it really is. It's basically a long, boring slog through tedious fights, generic settings, and paper-thin characters. And yes, I too liked HotU a lot better. (Interestingly, with BG2 it's the other way around — the OC was great, once I got over the initial hurdles, but ToB was a long, boring slog etc. etc.)

I have to say, though, that while not *quite* as bad, ME is not much better — in all of these respects. Except the fights are much easier and therefore less tedious, although exactly as repetitive.

Prime Junta

RPGCodex' Little BRO