Overlord II - Trailer & Screens

magerette

Hedgewitch
GamersHell has a new one-minute trailer of in-game footage plus new screens up for Triumph Studios' and Codemaster's Overlord II. You can download the trailer here. The screens are actually better seen here at ShackNews. And in this press release of the Codemaster's portfolio, they slate the game for a June 2009 release.

(There's also some media for the Wiii title Overlord: Dark Legend , and some screens for a puzzle/action version for the DS here, if anyone's interested.)

Thanks to Gamebanshee for the ShackNews link.
More information.

Last edited:
Can't help, but these minions always remember me of Duke Igthorns ogres in Disney's Gummi Bears...

I'm still undecided whether I should ever buy Overlord I. It might be just too dark for my personal taste.

On the other hand, I found black humour like in Monty Python funny, maybe I could withstand this ? ;)

Hmm, the first installment wasn't really an evil game. You mainly had the choice between good and not so good, but there was no real psychopathic evil way.

comic evil. Plus, you can kinda forsake evil entirely pretty much if you want and just be a scary lookin dude who lives in a scary lookin tower.

Dungeon Keeper was darker than Overlord, and it was pretty comical about it

Still it always reminds me a lot of the fun I had with DK when playing overlord.
I just bought it recently and I have great fun with it.
Too bad I can't play the second on on my old rig.

The DS version looks likes it could be a lot of fun too.
One too follow.
Little question: how comes the watch follows it? this is defintely not a RPG or RTS :p

It claims to be one of those games that have rpg elements, titus. When it came out it was calling itself a strategy action rpg or something. Perhaps that's a bit of a stretch. Anyway, we have some people here who have played it and have an interest, so I post about it. :)

yeah I love it too. It has a little bit of strategy element and a little bit of rpg elements. But not enough too mention it :p

But never mind it is a fun game :p

I haven't played it, but I like the idea that it turns some of the same old stuff around and gives it a bit of a twist to the dark side. :) One of these days I'm going to have to check it out.

yeah &st par of the game: killing hobbits :p
annoyinh little creatures :p
Go minions go and plunder and kill :p

Well, it's steeped in the "making fun of rpg stereotypes" thing to the point that it seems like it's the Anti-RPG - you deal w/ drama queen elves, hobbits, all that. The "rpg elements" if you will are your alignment(which is guided by your actions), your weapon loadout, being able to manufacture stuff, your tower's ornamentation, etx.

Oh yeah, and the choice of your wench!

Last edited:
I remember the community at Aow.Heavengames becoming first interested and then mildly irritated at what Triumpf Studios did with Overlord I.
They didn't expect them to do such a game and such kind of humour, then.
I guess everythings long bacxk to normal there again ;) , but I couldn't say for sure because I haven't been there in ages, so to say.

Back
Top Bottom