View Single Post

February 24th, 2009, 02:32
saw coraline yesterday, and my wife and i loved it. the only other true 3d movie i've seen was captain eo 2 decades ago. great film though i would never take a kid under 10-12 to see it myself. my only 'beef' with the movie was the boy character added to the movie not in the book. it would have been fine had they just used him as it probably helps in making the movie more watchable for boys, however, due to said characters impact on the outcome of the movie i think it sends a less powerful message to girls. anyhow its a splendid movie which is still a must watch even if not in 3d anymore.

and dte, the movie takes place in ashland, oregon (unlike the book) which is known for its shakespeare theatre productions. on the subject of the 2 womens "racy" behaviour, which was even more over the top than i was expecting, it all fit perfectly if you knew that the two ladies who voiced them were dawn french and jennifer saunders who were quite true to their form. you should check out there non animated works as they rarely pull any punches.

oh and what i'm really looking forward to is the animated post apocalyptic movie "9" coming out on 9/9/09—the trailer was one of the best ever! tim burton's producing it as well.

curious

liberty or license