View Single Post

March 12th, 2009, 17:11
I remember using an oil for the blade … spectral something-or-other I think it was called. It did wonders for the amount of damage I could deal out against the beast and essentially won me the match. However, on my first attempt I didn't have any with me so I had to backtrack quite a bit to the point just before the whole beast encounter thread was set into motion.

I was ready to delete the game and throw it out at that point but people kept saying how great The Witcher was so I retraced my steps up until the beast encounter and finally beat it … man, am I glad I rode it out and experienced the rest of this gem.

Actually, I think I'm ready for a replay about now even though I'm not looking forward to the beast encounter

"Chess in particular had always annoyed him. It was the dumb way the pawns went off and slaughtered their fellow pawns while the kings lounged about doing nothing that always got to him; if only the pawns united, maybe talked the rooks around, the whole board could've been a republic in a dozen moves." - Commander Vimes in Thud! by Terry Pratchett

fatBastard()

Hello, I'm a Zombaholic