View Single Post

March 30th, 2009, 22:09
I just checked out some fairy-tales by Hans Christian Andersen. They're guaranteed to do more damage to impressionable minds than video games.

The Little Match Girl

But in the corner, at the cold hour of dawn, sat the poor girl, with rosy cheeks and with a smiling mouth, leaning against the wall—frozen to death on the last evening of the old year. Stiff and stark sat the child there with her matches, of which one bundle had been burnt. "She wanted to warm herself," people said. No one had the slightest suspicion of what beautiful things she had seen; no one even dreamed of the splendor in which, with her grandmother she had entered on the joys of a new year.

The Story Of A Mother

"Oh, what would I not give to come to my child!" said the weeping mother; and she wept still more, and her eyes sunk down in the depths of the waters, and became two precious pearls; but the water bore her up, as if she sat in a swing, and she flew in the rocking waves to the shore on the opposite side, where there stood a mile-broad, strange house, one knew not if it were a mountain with forests and caverns, or if it were built up; but the poor mother could not see it; she had wept her eyes out.

"Where shall I find Death, who took away my little child?" said she.
I remember another one that had two starving babies sucking cold blood from the dried teats of their dead mother, but couldn't find that. Serious stuff…

Prime Junta

RPGCodex' Little BRO