View Single Post

April 13th, 2009, 21:47
Originally Posted by VPeric View Post
No, I think it is assumed (for Oblivion at least), that you are still playing the game (even if you've finished the main quest) and so the extra X hours will tie-in perfectly. I mean, that's the sort of "vibe" I got from the TES games - they're not there just to be finished, it's really more of a world you're free to explore. Obviously, if you stopped playing it, then a few extra hours of content probably wouldn't draw you in.

Erm, in short: yes, you're supposed to download the content in the middle of that playthrough.
But wait, you're saying that the playthrough never really ends. I don't think I'm in the minority when I finish a game (RPG), it's finished. It's not sort-of-finished, that's what MMOs are for. There are many games out there to play for me to keep every game I've played installed just in case they release a couple of hours of extra content (and no, I'm not going to waste 1 hour installing an patching a game just to see the 3 hours of extra content)
I don't like this DLC trend. Give me a full expansion where I can (or not) use the same character(s) from the original game, and make it a gaming experience on its own (i.e. 20-40 hours, not 2-4)

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is