View Single Post

April 29th, 2009, 16:28
Originally Posted by gargar View Post
wow, Atari SUCKS! the dlgamer site is amazingly slow and crappy, you can't even get any sort of detail about how the service works. it's not available in Atari's uk site (no mention of it in there either) and it's available for US only in direct2drive.

Atari is, by far, the crappiest publisher on earth. i wish for them to go belly up already.
Not saying you're wrong and maybe there is an issue with Atari's site as far as your region/language is concerned but for me it couldn't possibly have worked out better and smoother.

What I did is I followed this link from Blue's News to Atari's European store. I added MoW to my cart. I created an account (there wasn't even any confirmation of my e-mail address or account activation… you just enter your personal stuff and that's it - takes less than a minute). I then proceeded to checkout, entered my credit card details and without any further delay got a download link for a "DLM.exe" file which is the Atari downloader (only a few KB in size). Finally, I started the downloader and it automatically downloaded the ~315MB MoW files in under 10 minutes (didn't really pay attention to the download speed but it was quick).

If online shopping would always work as flawlessly as Atari's solution did for me then I'd be a happy camper. Seriously.

Moriendor

Spielkind