View Single Post

June 2nd, 2009, 18:53
I'm not looking for spware/virus monitors, i'm looking for confirmed sources/sites where the actual malware is found, so I can test the effectiveness of certain programs in battling it. As for my opinion of best spyware killers, I'd have to agree on Spybot, but Adaware has been kicked off my machine due to low detection rate, slow scanning, and it's got services that run when it isnt even open. That's a big no-no in my opinion, I dont want services always running. I'd recommend Superantispyware, it catches things that Ive seen breeze by both Spybot and Adaware, and no services when the program isnt open.

Along w/ the malware tests, I'm also just trying out various other types of software so that I'm not install/uninstalling back and forth w/ tons of stuff on my gaming pcs, thus leaving holes in the registries and such and a bunch of junk all over the place.

If anyone's got a program that they dont want to install on their pc, but want me to scope out for them let me know I'll give it a whirl on Frankenstein

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom