View Single Post

June 29th, 2009, 13:30
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I went to see it because I was a fan of Transformers as a kid, but even the original 1980's cartoon series had more serious dialogue than the movie. The few decent battles didn't make up for the overall silliness of the movie imo.
I only remember the special effects from the first movie too, if anything. So I'm with Mike: pretty good as a mindless action flick, terrible as anything else. Haven't seen the second movie yet, although this excerpt of a review on Transbuddha might reflect your own opinion:

Originally Posted by Cap'n Carrot
I hated Michael Bay’s first Transformers, and this second installment is more of the same only longer, louder, sleazier, and (if possible) dumber.

Part Deux is filled with lazy humor, cheap gags (such as multiple shots of humping dogs and robots), a confusing and ridiculous plot (which is so inane characters twice have to stop and explain it not only to us but each other), big, though not too impressive, special effects, and little else. It’s obvious that Bay and screenwriters Ehren Kruger, Roberto Orci, and Alex Kurtzman love robots (wait, it took three of you to write this movie?). What isn’t obvious is if they give two shits about Transformers, or their fans.

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team