View Single Post

June 30th, 2009, 07:27
Originally Posted by xSamhainx View Post
See, now that was exactly my first problem w/ the first Transformers - I went for exactly that reason and BARELY got what i came for! Seriously, the freakin camerawork in the film is so horribly done and shot so close-up, you could barely at any given time get what the hell was going on in the battle. The freeway battle was the only time where the camera was actually zoomed out enough to give you a good view of the melee action going down, where you could see the flow of the fight and root for your guy. Rest of the time, all I saw was big chunks of steel and concrete flashing by the zoomed camera, crashes/bangs/explosions and then a shot of a robot getting to his feet again. Wait for the dust to settle and see who's left. Utterly lazy use of great CGI.

Worse yet, the bots didnt have their original color schemes, so in the midst of battle it's anyone's guess which robot's which.

I was pretty disappointed, the best part of the movie was a few transformations and Megan Fox's bod.
Interesting. I never had any problems distinguishing who's who. I found the camera-work was great, with some magnificent angles to show off the bots. Some of my favorite moments: when that chopper-bot (no idea what his name is) attacks the military base in the beginning; the battle with the scorpion-bot (the way he leaps from underground is great); and my all-time favorite scene is the final city battle. What an unbelievable scene. Robots skating across the concrete throwing missiles left and right while doing vaults over each other, one bot thrusts his engines into the pavement and completely tares it appart, etc etc.

I may feel like a kid while watching it, but what's wrong with that.

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch