View Single Post

July 22nd, 2009, 17:39
Watched Appleseed 2 a few days ago, and there were many things that i liked about it. It took many philosophical subjects and ran through… abuse of technology, obsession with security, what it means to be an individual vs a clone etc. The mix of personal questions with epic large scale politics is well done.

Visually the movie is stunning. Being made by John Woo, the action sequences are ofcourse amazing, but the artwork doesn't cease to amaze. It's based on original designs by the brilliant Masamune Shirow, and the technology that blends cellshaded characters with 3d backgrounds, looks better than most CGI movies out there;

Interestingly, I started to watch it while my cohabit was playing a game, and she ended up dropping the game and eventually sitting next to me watching it trough, and at the end credits she old me she had to see it again.

Yesterday I watched Hellboy 2, which is larger than it's prequel in most ways. I thought it was just another sloppy sequel but I was wrong. It jumps back and forth between action, serious subjects like becoming a parent, if you are willing to sacrifice the world for love etc, a long with several hilarious sequences such as two men getting drunk singing "I can't live without you".

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM