View Single Post

August 5th, 2009, 05:32
This seems kinda like asking what is more important, food or water? You die faster with no water so I guess it's more important but, without food, you're just as dead.

Personally, I liked the first Xenosaga game a lot. It had BIG cut scenes, some half an hour long, that turned a lot of people off. I just sat back and enjoyed the show. When the game started again, I played that. It worked great for me.

Xenosaga 2, though proved Chris' point. The story was still good but the combat gameplay was just awful. Build up, build up, build up, build up… over and over and over, then finally attack. Try to attack without being fully built up and you do dink damage. The story was still good but, when you have to slog through an hour of awful combat to see the next scene, it really takes away the fun.

On the other side of things, there's Far Cry 2. Gameplay was pretty good but, even for a first person shooter, the story was weak. Worse than that, all the spoken lines were… well… shrunk. All the empty space between words was removed! It was hard to even make out what they were saying, never mind pull any drama out of it. Even with some very good FPS gameplay, I got bored and quit it after getting half way through. Having no story is just as deadly as no gameplay, even if it takes longer to kill you off.

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?