View Single Post

Default Inglourious Basterds

August 23rd, 2009, 20:30
Just saw the new Quentin Tarantino, Inglourious Basterds, in the cinema and I was impressed.

Fewer action scenes than in his preceding ones, but in particular the non-action scenes were extremly intense, even more intense than the violent scenes alone could be..

For example the beginning, which starts as a long dialogue and ends in violence like most of these seemingly slow scenes.

This beginning reminded me very much of spaghetti westerns, which also often start very slow but intense, and I read in the internet afterwards, that this was intentional.

All actors except Brad Pitt were very good, in particular the supporting actors. Every person expressed something.

I loved the many twists of the story, especially in the end.

You should see it, of course it is much better in a theater than on video,because every single detail in every scene gets a meaning.

Only the "mindless action and violance" fans may be disappointed, though it is still enough violence in there to shock people, who don't know Tarantino.

I am still under the intense impression of the movie, may be I find something to criticise later, but not now.

bkrueger

Nothing to see here.