View Single Post

September 7th, 2009, 20:58
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Not sure what to say there, I didn't feel that way at all. I would probably have preferred fuller control over the melee combat (no "timed" swings) , but I had no problems with the way they did it, and the challenge for me definitely came from the enemies, not the system.
It's a matter of taste I presume.

It doesn't shut down previous areas, you can revisit anywhere until you progress to the next chapter. It doesn't have a sandbox style open world, but then I don't feel that every game should.
That's what I meant by previous area. Area 1: Outskirt, area 2: First part of the city. Etc. Very few RPGs are built like this, even when they're chapter based (there may be parts of it where you don't have access to previous regions, but most of the time it's not like that).

I don't understand your complaint there, they never advertised any type of "class system".
Never said they did, nor that I was disappointed by delivery compared to promise. I simply don't like the character development, as every combat type is needed no matter what you decide to focus on.

Can't recall any RPGs I would rate highly that had a character development system that affected as little as the one in The Witcher.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander