View Single Post

September 8th, 2009, 00:53
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
It's a matter of taste I presume.
Fair enough . Although your original statement seemed to imply that there was something inherently broken there.

Very few RPGs are built like this, even when they're chapter based (there may be parts of it where you don't have access to previous regions, but most of the time it's not like that).
That's exactly my point, I don't want every RPG I play to be the same in that regard. They took a chance and did something different, which is what more devs need to start doing, rather than using the same cookie cutter sandbox template that keeps getting used over and over.

Never said they did, nor that I was disappointed by delivery compared to promise. I simply don't like the character development, as every combat type is needed no matter what you decide to focus on.
Well, the way you wrote - The "class system". What class system? it did kind of seem like you were implying something was missing.

You can only gain enough experience in one playthrough to specialize in 2 out of the 6 magic signs, and they're all quite different. As far as sword style goes, yes you need them all eventually, but not in any one battle. I fail to see how that is a negative.

JDR13

SasqWatch