View Single Post

September 13th, 2009, 08:44
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I really enjoyed Doom 3, and I think it deserved a better response than what it got from most people. It really has a great atmosphere, which is the most important thing to me in a first-person shooter. Prey wasn't bad, but it's probably my least favorite of the id Tech 4 games (Doom 3, Quake 4, Prey, Wolfenstein)
I recently reinstalled DOOM 3 and played the few maps and the atmosphere was indeed amazing. Much creepier than F.E.A.R. 2. I can agree that it's sometimes a bit too dark, and you often had to kill a monster in pitch black darkness because you couldn't have your flashlight up at the same time, on the other hand, that gives a different game experience. The story isn't an oscar, but it's actually above average to first-person shooters. The System Shock-style audiologs worked well too. I thought that sometimes it was a bit stupid how monsters popped up from being hidden behind panels, which I also remember was a common criticizm.

Overall though, DOOM 3 is really a game that people should try out. You might have updated your hardware since the game came, meaning you can play it in a greater resolution.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM