View Single Post

September 14th, 2009, 14:49
Did the double feature this weekend.

Gamer
I enjoyed this one more than the Mrs, probably because I had a little better understanding of the MMO technical aspects. It's mostly a run-of-the-mill action flick. Definitely not one for the kiddies since there's a lot of sex to go with the violence. I think this one plays better in a theatre—there's no "artistry", but the movie works better with a bit of immersion that will be harder to get on the small screen. If you're interested in the movie's concept, catch a matinee.

Sorority Row
A fun little slasher movie that attempts to be slightly more cerebral than most entries in the genre. Don't get me wrong—it's still a slasher, but the acting is actually decent (within the genre, you'd even call it "quite good") and the dialogue is engaging and regularly funny. If you're in the mood for a traditional teen slasher, this is a good option. It will play fine on a TV, so it would make a good rental if you don't want to pay theatre prices.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer