View Single Post

September 21st, 2009, 14:54
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
I cringe at this calling any little upgrade option a 'RPG' … it seems to be back in vogue again, as now Batman and Wolfenstein and Red Faction can all claim to be RPG's based on adding a couple of little upgrade choices.
I really didn't know what else to call it. You did notice I said 'tiny', right?

If it used gold or money to upgrade the abilities I wouldn't of even said RPG, but it uses experience which does make it a very tiny/miniscule/almost nothing RPG addition to the game.

Still it's better than no option at all. It gives a little bit more flavor to the game, but it's not a RPG by any definition of the word. Just a fun and well crafted action game.

Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I'm looking forward to RE5 as well, I won a new copy on Ebay this week (only paid $36), so I should have it by Tue or Wed.

I'm thinking about playing the entire series again from the beginning though, it's been a few years since I've played them, and they're short enough to not be a huge timesink.
You won't regret buying this game if you liked any of the Resident Evils. I think they may have perfected the game a long time ago and are now just upgrading the graphics and giving new stories to the setting.

I've been bouncing back and forth between Batman and R5 or I would probably be a lot farther in R5. Right now I'm up to Chapter 1 - 3. It hasn't dissapointed me yet.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.
Last edited by skavenhorde; September 21st, 2009 at 15:07.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat