View Single Post

September 29th, 2009, 23:00
I know I'm weird, but the whole Dragon Age marketing campaign rather drove me off it.

It just takes emphasis on points I don't quite like. I'll rather stuck with Drakensang 2, then, which is not that dark and gritty and therefore doesn't have a similar marketing campaign.

What I'm actually curious is, is what the results of this marketing campaign will be. Will they actually succeed in getting new customers and maybe even more fans ?

How much impact will this have on future Bioware games ? will there be an established fanbase just coming in / being newly creatzed through Dragon Age demanding of future games that they should be equally "dark & gritty" ? And inhowffar will this affect future Bioware games in fact ? WILL they be more dark & gritty in the future or not ?

And inhowfar will this become mainstream in games ? Will we have "D&G" (with "D&G" meaning "Dark & Gritty") clones everywhere ? Will this even become a new sub-genre ?

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR