View Single Post

September 30th, 2009, 13:40
Originally Posted by Uriziel View Post
I came back to the PC and tried manually removing Alcohol, PowerISO, and VirtualCD in case some drivers had been left behind during uninstall.
I don't no about Tages but other DRM systems have screamed bloody murder if they detected Alcohol or Deamon Tools or similar murky software on the PC.

It might also be a matter of drive incompatibility as Gorath mentioned, either directly (hardware issue) or indirectly (the remnants of your virtual drive tools may still be confusing the OS which in turn screws up the Tages test). However, one would think that if this was the case it would have manifested itself in other instances as well.

Of course a third option could be that the Tages implementation is simply screwed up (it wouldn't be the first time that a DRM system would have to be removed/fixed after launch).

*Edit*
Paraphrased certain areas to due unnecessary confrontational choice of words.

"Chess in particular had always annoyed him. It was the dumb way the pawns went off and slaughtered their fellow pawns while the kings lounged about doing nothing that always got to him; if only the pawns united, maybe talked the rooks around, the whole board could've been a republic in a dozen moves." - Commander Vimes in Thud! by Terry Pratchett
Last edited by fatBastard(); September 30th, 2009 at 15:41.

fatBastard()

Hello, I'm a Zombaholic