View Single Post

October 1st, 2009, 16:43
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Not even for curing wounds ? Wow, this was always my first task ! As soon as wounds appeared, I made the "healer" curing them Or someone else with also good healing abilities.
I seem to be getting a lot less wounds period this playthrough, I've yet to lose someone from 5 wounds yet.

Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Yesno. In the Pen & Paper rules, developing skills that don't belong to the own "class" are much, much harder than in the game. It's one of the several differences of the "tweaked" game rules compared to the pen & paper rules.

Some spells, for example, would need many more points to be developed, if they are from a different source.
I think I remember that a similar thing goes for several talents as well.

I do hope that Drakensang 2 will be more faithful to the pen & paper rules, and this will mean that it will be a partly different and perhaps even harder game.

Regeneration of magic is, for example, MUCH, much slower in the pen & paper rules !
I bow to your knowledge of the Dark Eye PnP rules. I have no experience with them. The sum of my Dark Eye knowledge comes from Drakensang and faint memories of Star Trail.

The cross-skill/talent certainly would encourage less generalized characters, though I think Radon made the right choice by keeping it as newbie friendly as possible, for most of us this is our first taste of the ruleset and there's already a lot to learn.

Ouch, I would think even slower magic regen would really make mages even less powerful.

LuckyCarbon

Unfettered Developer