View Single Post
October 2nd, 2009, 12:50
Definitely enjoying the game so far. This game feels more Gothic III than the actual Gothic III…
I have played quite a bit, and have completed all the quests for
except for the last task in the city. Since I decided to join the order.
Seriously though, the things that I had to do for the bandits made me feel so dirty and evil… They are more hypocritical than they think too. They say The Order collect taxes, and they don't, but instead they charge protection money… They say that they give people more freedom, but in reality they just offer a mob like dictatorship…
Though there are couple pretty stand up guys in the bandits, I hope I will get an option to not kill them later…
I do have few nit to pick though.
- Has anyone figured out how to unlock the key binding for some of the buttons?
- Combat is fine, and actually engaging, but I wish the camera followed the main character faster, and that there is a way to bind side stepping to to keys.
- I prefer the jumping animation in Gothic II. In this game (and most recent 3rd person RPGs like Divinity 2) jumping has too much of a "floating in air" feel. (It has a "String-fu" feel)
- Is it just me or are the female characters' head to body ratio bit off? Their heads are all disproportionally small-ish. It is esp. noticeable for the
wife of the Don
- Some funny graphical glitches, like "rotating" heads. Or NPCs getting stuck in a animation loop.
But I am really nitpicking here. The game thus far is everything that I had hoped. A little advice, if you ever jump into something and get stuck save and reload, and you should be able to get out eventually.
Avoid the Crazy Chicken. It is childish. Don't do it. We beg you.
Join Date: Oct 2006
View Public Profile
Send a private message to leth
Find More Posts by leth