View Single Post

October 2nd, 2009, 13:57
Been playing game since last night :-)

Not much to add, but my performance concerns were completely unfounded - so much for taking what people say at face value ;-)

I have a 2.4 Ghz core 2 duo, 8800GTX, 4GB ram Vista- 32bit - runs very smoothly at 1600x1200 with everything maxed out. Hardly any load time - a very brief jerk and then the next area is ready - awesome.

The game plays much like the previous gothic titles - which I like. I also noted the dated graphics, but there are def improvements over G3 in terms of performance and that incredibly annoying moving line on your horizon (view distance related) - the DOF effect is a bit overdone, but there are no really artifacts to bug me so I'm happy. There are some minor clipping issues 9I fell through a wall once :-o) but other than that I have not noticed much.

I do think they were a bit stingy with money - took me ages - and may a painful bruising - before i had enough money to get any protective armour! No stun-lock, but seems harder to hit things (well, at low level anyway - back-pedalling doesn't always work). Have to find new exploits ;-)

Anyway, my initial frustration has given way to enjoyment.

booboo

Keeper of the Watch