View Single Post

October 4th, 2009, 08:08
Originally Posted by bemushroomed View Post
guenthar;

I'd say Wither is a much more simplified way of playing RPG's.. Its not even a real RPG since you dont really have a choice of what character you want to be, you're a Witcher, the devs has decided that, not you.

I prefer more advanced RPG's like TES and FO3, those gives me limitless opportunities to roleplay basicly any kind of character i want at to really customize it the way i want.

In a free roaming RPG's the story is what you do in the game, your own adventures and explorations. I dont need a developer to hold my hand throughout the whole game, or to say "sorry in this game you're a Witcher, so you can't use that weapon or wear that armor". That's just not what role playing is for me.
We just have totally different idea what cRPG is. In my opinion Fallout 3 and Oblivion barely can be called cRPGs and should be called action games with cRPG elements. The Witcher, Bloodlines, Planescape Torment etc are the 'true' cRPGs. You just think the other way and there is nothing we can discuss I guess, none of us will change his minds.

Konjad

Watch traitor from Codex