View Single Post

October 22nd, 2009, 22:15
It's also a bit of a different crowd—with a much bigger modding community. I can see paying for the Stone Prisoner, new character, potentially new plots. But for uberswords of goodness, what's to stop modders from inserting something as good or better into the game?

I also find the expectations of different platforms interesting. Most games on the iphone go for $1-3 bucks on average, and provide at least 2-3 hours of entertainment. I really don't see how EA can justify charging more than that for a comparable amount of content.

I do agree that the era of expansions are largely over. I don't think we're at a stage quite yet where everything goes digital. PSPgo is tanking, largely because people don't want to spend $40 on a game they can find used for a fraction of that—especially if it's a game they've already purchased.

Of course, if it gets to the point where digital download has a monopoly, this might change. But I don't foresee piracy ever going away, especially if games continue costing $50.

"Ad support isn't necessary" because ad support isn't as profitable.

Ruminous

Watcher