View Single Post

Default Dragon Age Journeys - Early Impressions @ RPS

October 25th, 2009, 10:41
Rock, Paper, Shotgun has posted a brief early impressions article titled Dragon Age Journeys Live, and Rather Good. The game has exceeded their expectations in terms of being a real RPG with a unique combat system. I was also pleasantly surprised by the complexity of the game:
So Dragon Age Journeys is live, andÖ blimey, itís good stuff. EA 2Dís free project designed to promote and link into Dragon Age: Origins is a 2D browser based RPG, letting you pick a character from the regular Dragon Age selection and then go exploring in the Dwarven Deep Roads. I wasnít sure exactly how theyíd do it, presuming something very simple, hack-n-slashy, but fun all the same. I wasnít expecting a fully-fledged RPG with a unique combat mechanic.

Iíve only played briefly so far, but Iím already really pleased with whatís on offer. In fact, so much of it directly reflects the full game, from the content to the screen furniture. Even the tutorial pop-ups are the same. Youíve got an inventory, weapons and armour along with weapons and armour stats (using the very appreciated super-simple window pop-ups for comparing with what youíve got equipped thatís in the main game). In fact itís also got the two weapon setup, letting you switch between them during combat. Thereís your characterís own stats, with the full range of skills available to pick from as you level up. Thereís towns to explore, quests to pick up, merchants to trade with, party members to gather, and plenty of dialogue. I really wasnít expecting this.
More information.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat