View Single Post

November 4th, 2009, 14:39
Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
I think you're going too far lol.
I don't think so. I believe this would be just fair, because a dungeon is not Disney Land.

By the way, what would be really funny, imho, would be an "ye olde shoppe" type of shop deep within the dungeon.

Of course, most developers don't use it for various reasons, and it would irritate players at least, because it should have a *strong* reason to be there … everything else would be just (and nothing but) silly.

Originally Posted by GothicGothicness View Post
While you rest you have to choose the setup… for example who will stand guard, who will try to mix potion / who will train etc etc…. ( if you choose to let all your characters sleep.. that will not be a smart decision ussually, unless your mage cast "watchdog" spell )
I said already elsewhere that I'm biased , so you won't be surprised when I say that I found the way it was in the Realms Of Arcania games very good.

Apropos "watchdog" : In "Thera Awakening", the small novel accompanying Stonekeep, it was a skeleton bird in a cage, that did the same thing … It didn't make a physical sound, but one in the minds of the resting party … I still love this novel, no matter how "flat" it might be to others …

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR