Thread: vs Dragon Age?
View Single Post

November 26th, 2009, 23:20
Originally Posted by Arhu View Post
This is true to some extent. I disagree about the loot. DA's loot was terrible. Not as bad as that in Mass Effect, but still bad.
I don't know, it seems to me that what you can use/wear/wield in DA is much more varied with *lot* of armor/weapon types, and none necessarily better. With things such as fatigue and armor piercing to counterbalance brute protection/damage, bonus for having a full set of the same armor type, etc.

By the way, I did not complete Drakensang. It seems I pretty much lost interested after way too many repetitive combat sequences. Dungeons/combat in DA are very much better designed and they managed to make most of them interesting. They did not repeat the mistake of NWN2.

I also found DA much more… emotional. For example, the human noble origin, or the battle of Ostagar(sp?). I never got into that sort of emotion in Drakensang.

Yeah, Drakensang didnt go as high-fantasy as DA and I prefer this. The history buff in me found it somewhat silly that every tiny villages seem to have templars/knights/whatever in full royal silly looking plate armor protecting them. But that is a minor point.

vanedor

SasqWatch