View Single Post

November 27th, 2009, 04:44
Originally Posted by JemyM View Post
What's "world-renowned"? Someone who made contributions to mankind, or someone who is famous because they got a good marketing strategy and rich sponsors?
So in your opinion, there has been zero artistic achievement in the entire history of the United States, and all of the critical acclaim is attributable to marketing budgets.

Hmm…

Originally Posted by Dyspaire View Post
"In the US money talks, there's no such thing as achievements in arts and culture. Every great deed done by the US since it's birth have been in response to a war, including the moon landing."

… is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on the internet in the 20+ years I've been using it.
I agree with that. I can only assume he is a college student and (like many, including myself in the day) suckered in by some extreme, univocal understanding of the world. That's the generous interpretation. Either that, or he's the forum kook.

I do understand that arguing with anyone who believes such a thing is a pointless waste of time. They are too far gone for me to retrieve.
Last edited by Anderson; November 27th, 2009 at 07:29. Reason: grammar

Anderson

Consolized