Thread: vs Dragon Age?
View Single Post

November 27th, 2009, 17:47
Thanks, all, again.

So I gave in to temptation and purchased DA before the cutoff at $37 USD. I had enough time this morning to create a character and watch the first interactive cutscene, and that's it. It does look amazingly polished. I have to say though, from the demo, DraSa looked/looks just as good. Not as dark and gloomy, mind, but good in a really sparkly way, if that makes any sense. I like the feel of it a lot.

I'm going to wait to see if DraSa goes on sale and until then, play DA some. Then I'll decide whether to get it or just get the sequel. From what everyone here is saying, the sequel looks to be what I'll end up with. It sounds really quite good.

One thing I like better about DraSa over DA (even from the demo) is the clearly more varied starting builds. I really want to play as a battlemage or a pirate. How cool is that? The whole mage/warrior/rogue thing is rather limiting, I think. I know they open up into 12 potential classes, but it just seems so… done.

Quick question: in DA, can any other class dual-wield other than the rogue? Can I have a dual-wielding warrior with a pinch of spells, like fireball? I love me my battlemages. That's what I played throughout TW though frankly, the fireball spell became more and more useless as I went along whereas melee became so overpowered, the end of the game was a joke. But that could also have been because of the 30-odd potions I'd carry around.

Oliver

oliverh72

Watcher