View Single Post

Default King Arthur - Review @ RPS

December 8th, 2009, 02:22
Rock, Paper, Shotgun tackles King Arthur, the so-called "roleplaying strategy" game. They find a deep game with uneven difficulty and balancing, so here's the summation:
Thatís not to say I havenít been enjoying my time with the game: the effort is mostly commendable. From the little text-adventure side quests, to the heavily decorated battlefields, itís a hugely interesting campaign to get through. The art-style is fantastic too, delivering a world littered with gothic towers, dragon-skeletons and sinister bogs. Neocore have evidently enjoyed creating this grim Arthurian fantasy, and it shows in everything from the big spikes on shoulder-pads, to the misty intricacy of the campaign map. That shines through in the game you end up playing.
Nevertheless the uneven real-time experience and occasional random spikes in difficulty is whatís holding me back from recommending this. There is a substantial and interesting game here, but Iíve not found the tactical challenge to be coherent and fluid enough to stand up without a comprehensive overhaul and rebalancing.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team