View Single Post

December 8th, 2009, 02:22
Only read the part Dhruin extracted, but it's dead on…

After watching the developer diaries I was hooked, so I bought the game. I've only scratched the surface with about 4 hours of playing time. Make no mistake, this IS a good title, with loads of potential, and I think a lot of people here at the watch would like it. It does have some noticeable balancing issues, and the camera controls are horrendous.

It's easy to make comparisons with the Total War series, but I'm learning that King Arthur is a different animal. This game really plays a lot like an RPG, and doesn't require the strategy and micromanagement that TW games do. On the elements that you can indeed compare apples to apples with TW, there are some that King Arthur excels at.

One thing's for sure, it feels more like a AAA title with a few bugs to work out than the no-name, low-budget title that it is.

The forums just went on-line a few days ago, and the devs seem to be keen on feedback for patch suggestions. With a few balancing tweaks, and some customizable battle controls for crying out loud, this game will rock!

..& so they take the fiction all out of the Jabberwock & I recognize & accept him as a fact. - Mark Twain, May 30, 1880

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete