View Single Post

December 9th, 2009, 02:46
Originally Posted by Ubereil View Post
Vocals from the 80's ey? Not sure what that could be. What I'm hearing are the Siouxsie and Björk influences. Maybe the voice can be said to be a mix of those two, if you really want to categorize her. She also cites Steve Reich and Susan Hiller as influences (no idea who either one is) according to Spotify.

Here's another one. I'm getting strong Björk and Siouxsie vibes from it. Is it only the human tendency to categorise things playing tricks with me?

Übereil
I wasn't thinking of Bjork, but that's a much better signpost. Now that you've mentioned her, I keep flashing back to "Human Behavior" (which, unfortunately, I never really liked, but it made an impression) and it's completely overpowered whatever I did have in my head. Maybe it will come to me some day.

I liked "Daniel" better, BTW, but "Glass" wasn't bad.

For me today, one that will make Alrik happy. This is a great tune. Pretty and delicate, yet with that creepy undercurrent that has caused it to be used in several movies and tv shows.
"Boadicea" by Enya

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer