Thread: vs Dragon Age?
View Single Post

December 28th, 2009, 19:03
Originally Posted by RivianWitch View Post
Actually, you do get a backstab penalty and flanking penalty in DAO. Look at the circle around your character - the black part at the back is the backstab weak spot, and you will also often see flanking weak spots on the sides…
I know and use it a lot with my rogue in DAO but my feeling is that the consequences are a lot less important than in Drakensang. I could be wrong but I don't think so.

Also in Drakensang, again I could be wrong, it's not only linked to back and side attack but also facing multiple opponents no matter the side.

The point, I could be wrong, is that I felt Drakensang struggle better against concentration tactics with all attacking one, in DAO it's very often an important part of a better efficiency when in Drakensang it's not and you must temper much more this approach and reduce it by having two attacking one when you can.

EDIT: One thing much better managed in DAO are small movements during fights like for example to position for a backstab attack. Very cool visually and generate a much more clear fight vision.

Dasale

SasqWatch