View Single Post

January 2nd, 2010, 00:04
Originally Posted by cutterjohn View Post
There's a thread in the 1C forums about this bug:
"reportedly a bug in the endgame where the entire sequence plays in Russian, but I can’t confirm that one, as sadly I have not mustered the endurance to play past sixty hours."

The ending apparently doesn't play in Russian, it's just plain broken period(apparently just crashes) in English. So someone there wrote a data unpacker/packer and replaced the english text at that point with the Russian, clicked his way to a saveable point, then apparently replaced the English again… gets kind of fuzzy there… No one in the thread understood Russian so… (Oh yeah IIRC this player mentioned that it only took him about 30h or so to finish the game…)
Yeah, I saw that. Didn't feel like messing with it. AFA the time I put in, I'm a slow player, so my time is far from average. (I spend way too much time shopping and tweaking items and looking in every single barrel and chest, so I'm sure lots of people could get through the game quicker.) Thirty hours sounds like a pretty fast run through, though.

There were times in this game that really were fun in that nostalgic way you don't get too often with modern games, but for most people, I'd think ten bucks would be a realistic money to enjoyment ratio.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch