View Single Post

January 9th, 2010, 06:40
Originally Posted by skavenhorde View Post
I know this is common sense, but I have to say it. If you're going for a branching storyline then get ready for a ton of work. Everything I've read about making them is that they are a pain in the behind to make.

I would love to see more of them, but I would hate for you to get discouraged as well. They always say, start small and work your way up from there. That was the advice given when I looked into modding.
Yeah, they are a ton of work. Then again, so is making an entire game from scratch. Or making a mod of a game. Basically, anything worth doing is a ton of work.

Is this worth doing? Not for me to say, not my project. To me, the design aspect is enjoyable enough that I'd do it even with no hope of getting anywhere with it (as opposed to minimal hope).

So don't compromise, and do the game you want. Do your best, and let the finished product speak for itself. (cue "The Touch").

It was the night before Hogswatch…

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity - Edgar Allan Poe

azraelck

Me Grimlock

Send a message via AIM to azraelck Send a message via MSN to azraelck Send a message via Yahoo to azraelck Send a message via Skype™ to azraelck