View Single Post

February 8th, 2010, 13:46
Originally Posted by fatBastard() View Post
But that is exactly what morality is about, isn't it? Knowing right from wrong, no matter what you stand to gain/lose. Otherwise we're talking about a calculated risk/decision where the pros vs. the cons are weighed against each other.

I'm not saying that such an approach can't be interesting but it has nothing to do with morality.
I can't agree. Morality is not exclusively about black and white answers - and one of the most important things to realise is that you can be asked a question that you can't answer. That's when it becomes real and not the illusion of right/wrong yes/no black/white.

Morality can be an interesting subject. But in my opinion, it's not interesting to ask whether I think murdering little girls for no real reason is alright or not. It would be like making a game dealing with water and asking me if it's wet or not.

No, morality can be interesting to me - but I require a little more subtlety and some grey areas. Not that I expect game developers to ever challenge my moral standings - and I'd rather just have competent gameplay. Bioshock did nothing for me in those terms, and that's my primary issue.

The story was pretentious and ultimately hollow - but that's ok, it's not why I play games.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential