View Single Post

February 22nd, 2010, 16:21
Originally Posted by azraelck View Post
It's obvious you've never had to try and type out a long email, set up links to additional websites, or do anything more than a bare minimum of stuff on a "smart" phone.

Any computer will be better, even a netbook, by virtue of a much larger screen, keyboard, and full-featured browser (with full implementation of flash and other such plugins). My Samsung Rouge is a good, solid phone… but it doesn't remotely match any netbook in functionality. And I'd never buy a netbook myself, seeing as how I play games regularly. I'd have just gotten a $500 laptop and been done with it. By now, the specs should be much better than a year and a half ago, when I bought a $500 laptop on clearance.
If I need to do that I just use my notebook. For checking email I just need a screen.

Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
Um … apparently your Codex-trained attention span keeps you from seeing that YOU tried to impose your thoughts as fact. You don't get netbooks, and standard notebooks meet your needs. That is *great*. But for millions, a smaller system, ~2lbs with a 9-10 inch screen which is *much* smaller than what you describe meets their needs.

Netbooks aren't for everyone, but they really do offer more than a smartphone is able to manage. I have them all - Moto Droid, netbook, and fully capable notebook for gaming. They each meet a need for me.
No. I said I considered them useless and trivial and a small laptop is a much better choice, and that I don't get why everyone is going gaga over them. They offer a middle ground of sorts, but just like FO3, it tries but does noting useful at the end. That's *still* an opinion. We are allowed those in here no?

Bah! No Linux client and it doesn't work on Wine. Pfft. Losers.

Melcar

Astrocreep