View Single Post

February 24th, 2010, 07:57
Originally Posted by GhanBuriGhan View Post
Not to mention the battery life. That is the main reason why I consider getting one. My company laptop doesn't do more than three hours (and that only if I turn the monitor so dark I can hardly read it in daylight). And that is not even bad among todays laptops unless you are willing to spend quite a bit more. So for those long train or plane rides, a netbook would be quite useful as a second option.
This is it in a nutshell. Portability, weighs 2lbs, and battery life.

I have the ASUS 1005HA and it is a beast!

I throw it in my book bag on the way to class, can use it ALL DAY on a single battery charge. It gets anywhere from probably 6-8 hours of usage, full blast.(I don't pack the power cord) Takes less than 2 hours to fully charge. The only thing it doesn't handle is high-end gaming/apps. However, laptops really aren't great for this anyway. Performance is perfect, honestly, no complaints. It's not slow.

Best PC purchase I've ever made!

Been using my netbook for the past 2 hours and it's at 75% listing just over 6 hours remaining. Been surfing the web, watching youtube videos(motorcycles yay!), and was doing some homework.

Laptops/Netbooks are all about portability. The more portable the more you'll like it. If you don't need portability, just get a good desktop. Just saying! I don't need to game on this thing, I just need it to surf, type, and run simple apps. It's perf for that.

It'll run all the oldies np!
The cesspool is where the gems hide.
Last edited by Xi; February 24th, 2010 at 08:25.