View Single Post

February 24th, 2010, 08:57
Originally Posted by GhanBuriGhan View Post
Not to mention the battery life. That is the main reason why I consider getting one. My company laptop doesn't do more than three hours (and that only if I turn the monitor so dark I can hardly read it in daylight). And that is not even bad among todays laptops unless you are willing to spend quite a bit more. So for those long train or plane rides, a netbook would be quite useful as a second option.
This is it in a nutshell. Portability, weighs 2lbs, and battery life.

————

I have the ASUS 1005HA and it is a beast!

I throw it in my book bag on the way to class, can use it ALL DAY on a single battery charge. It gets anywhere from probably 6-8 hours of usage, full blast.(I don't pack the power cord) Takes less than 2 hours to fully charge. The only thing it doesn't handle is high-end gaming/apps. However, laptops really aren't great for this anyway. Performance is perfect, honestly, no complaints. It's not slow.

Best PC purchase I've ever made!

——-

Been using my netbook for the past 2 hours and it's at 75% listing just over 6 hours remaining. Been surfing the web, watching youtube videos(motorcycles yay!), and was doing some homework.

Laptops/Netbooks are all about portability. The more portable the more you'll like it. If you don't need portability, just get a good desktop. Just saying! I don't need to game on this thing, I just need it to surf, type, and run simple apps. It's perf for that.

———

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V7Tn…eature=related

It'll run all the oldies np!

The cesspool is where the gems hide.
Last edited by Xi; February 24th, 2010 at 09:25.

Xi

Traveler