View Single Post

February 24th, 2010, 11:21
Originally Posted by fatBastard() View Post
Sorry, but lately it has struck me how "elitist" (the word is a bit harsh but unfortunately also fitting) the tone here at the Watch has become. If a game meets certain standards (looks like it is from the early 90'ies, plays like it is from the early 90'ies, have been developed by an indie firm or has been made with a tiny budget) it is automatically praised for upholding the "True" RPG spirit no matter how flawed the game may be. Likewise if the game has a been made with a big budget or looks and feels like a game of today it is automatically criticized for no being a proper RPG, again no matter how great the game may be. (e.g. DA:O winner of the most disappointing game of the year here at the Watch).
Well said, and I'm sorry to say that I have to agree - at least to a certain point. I mean, there are *a lot* of sensible people here at the Watch, and it's still my favourite site on the net, but that DA:O was voted "most disappointing game" on a site like this… that's both silly and a bit sad IMO.

KasperFauerby

Sentinel